Seadrill is a leading drilling company operating worldwide. To maintain our lead we are continuously looking for talented people, who will share our vision of growing the company and contributing to setting the standard in drilling.
We are now looking to strengthen our drilling/technical/sub sea/marine/administration team, and are looking for an experienced Safety Officer to work in the Gulf of Mexico for our Americas region.
Responsible for the coordination of all QHSE efforts on board the unit. Supports rig leadership and crews by providing practical input to all aspects of QHSE operations including but not limited to safety, training and compliance issues
1. Effectively use and promote all Seadrill safety and environmental tools which include management of change, Work Permit, TBRA, OBS, 4 Point Check etc.
2. Responsible for training and instruction in the six Safety Critical Procedures
3. Responsible for administration of the Synergi tracking system onboard and Total Management System Application (TMS)
4. Knowledgeable in the Environmental Management System (EMS) of Seadrill to record any discrepancy or non-compliance
5. Responsible for coordination and recording of all onboard safety training and e-learning for Seadrill, Client and Third Party personnel
6. Work with HR Lead to monitor, coordinate, and track rig personnel’s training and development in order to maintain training compliance as per company requirements
7. Maintain compliance programs established by Seadrill, the Client and Governmental agencies
8. Participate and assist in development and training of emergency response teams as per Station Bill
9. Assist local safety committee delegates with safety related matters
10. Support the development and implementation of QHSE practices and behaviors required for safe operations onboard the unit.
11. Conduct daily audits and weekly safety inspections with relevant supervisors as required
12. Maintain compliance programs established by Seadrill, the Client and Governmental agencies
13. Participate and assist in development and training of emergency response teams as per Station Bill
14. Prepare and conduct thorough and concise Unit Inductions for all arrivals onboard induction to include site specific information as per Seadrill Policy
15. Assist the Offshore Installation Manager in the development of safety policies and procedures on the unit
16. Coach people in planning work, identifying risks, communicating, problem solving, and safety leadership.
17. Knowledgeable about behavioral processes and procedures used to identify potentially unsafe hazards
or conditions. Able to identify and react accordingly to eliminate these hazards or conditions
18. In the event of an incident on the unit, under the direction of the Offshore Installation Manager, the Safety Officer will: a) secure the site and take the necessary steps to preserve and document evidence; (b) perform the initial incident investigation; (c) participate in the investigation and root cause analysis (d) act as document control or recorder of the incident for the investigation team
19. Assists Third Party consultants with safety initiatives on the unit
20. Experience working with and understanding of an international safety case process, unit bridging documents and information contained within the each document and how they relate to daily operations
21. Prepare and send reports on QHSE as directed by Offshore Installation Manager
22. Facilitate and participate in pre tour, pre-job, TBRA and 4-point check meetings
23. Update and maintain the QHSE Alerts, QHSE Notices and Training bulletin board(s)
24. Perform or lead incident investigation as required
25. Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions and where appropriate coached and prepared for the next position
26. Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
27. Actively participate in safety, departmental, pre-tour, client meetings, etc.
28. Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
29. Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
30. Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.)
31. Complete training requirements in a timely manner as per Seadrill training matrix
32. Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
• Must meet educational experience requirement
• Must be a US citizen or have legal authorization to work in the US
• Must meet work experience (requirement
• Knowledge of standards, regulations and requirement within the industry
• Good language skills, both oral and written
• Proactive and safe work attitude
• Team attitude
• Good communication skills
• Commercial awareness and business understanding
What we offer
• Global opportunities
• A challenging, encouraging and supportive environment
• Development programs
• Competitive remuneration package
• A dynamic working environment
Seadrill´s values are, safety-conscious, accountable, inspirational, loyal and proactive. If you can identify with these values you could become the next member of our growing worldwide team.