Seadrill is a leading drilling company operating worldwide. To maintain our lead we are continuously looking for talented people, who will share our vision of growing the company and contributing to setting the standard in drilling.
We are now looking to strengthen our marine team, and are looking for an experienced Able Body Seaman for work in the Gulf of Mexico for our Americas region.
Performs tasks related to working supply boats, deck management, maintaining marine and safety equipment, general cleaning and maintenance as assigned.
1. Carryout first line maintenance on marine and safety equipment as instructed
2. Assist in the care and maintenance of the vessel’s machinery, tools and accommodation, ensuring all work areas are maintained in a safe condition
3. Assist in slipping and cutting operations, inspection and maintenance of wire, fiber lines, slings and other lifting equipment
4. Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
5. Assist during rig moves and anchor handling operations as directed
6. Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
7. Assist in ongoing operations as instructed by Bosun / Stability Section Leader
8. Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
9. Actively participate in weekly rig and departmental safety meetings
10. Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.)
11. Complete training requirements in a timely manner as per Seadrill training matrix
12. Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
• Must meet education requirement
• Must be a US citizen or have legal authorization to work in the US
• Must meet work experience requirement
• Knowledge of standards, regulations and requirement within the industry
• Good language skills, both oral and written
• Proactive and safe work attitude
• Team attitude
• Good communication skills
• Commercial awareness and business understanding
What we offer
• Global opportunities
• A challenging, encouraging and supportive environment
• Development programs
• Competitive remuneration package
• A dynamic working environment
Seadrill´s values are, safety-conscious, accountable, inspirational, loyal and proactive. If you can identify with these values you could become the next member of our growing worldwide team.