In order to make efficient use of time, financial resources, ensure effective learning and to have a flexible system Seadrill has decided to use the training programme outlined below:
- Internet study/Computer based training
- Available teachers via e-mail
- Tests and exams of the students by means of web-based tools
A demanding learning system based on:
- Indvidual training
- No direct contact between students and lecturer
Learning management system - It's learning
The learning management system ,It's learning, will be used as the internet platform in the study programme.
- Instructors lessons will be streamed and displayed on the internet which will allow students to to watch streamed lessons at any time and place.
- The lectured streamed lessons are combined with presentations containing pictures and animations to make the study material engaging and easy to understand.
- It's learning will also be the tool which will enable efficient communication between the students and teachers.
- Subject matter and exercises/tests will be displayed via It's learning. At intervals throughout the study programme the student will find questions that he /she need to answer correctly before being allowed to continue.
Lectured streamed lesson - example 1
Lectured streamed lesson - example 2
Lectured streamed lesson - example 3
Study material - el-petroleum
The students will not need a physical edition of a book. All the study material they need are available as net based books. The student will receive an access to el-petroleum where all the study material are available.
The study material is approved by the Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research.