SDRL - Seadrill Limited Announces Third Quarter 2015 Results
- Revenue of $985 million
- EBITDA1 of US$546 million
- 92% economic utilization2
- Excluding non-recurring items and non-cash mark to market movements on derivatives, Net Income3 of $136 million and earnings per share of $0.21
- Reported Net loss of $1.9 billion and diluted loss per share of $3.70, primarily due to $1.8 billion of non-cash impairment charges to investments and goodwill. $1.1 billion relates to the write-down to fair value of investments in Seadrill Partners, the initial recognition of which resulted in a non-cash gain on deconsolidation of $2.3 billion in January 2014.
- The Seadrill Group4 achieved 93% economic utilization
- Seadrill Group orderbacklog of approximately $12.0 billion
Commenting today, Per Wullf, CEO and President of Seadrill Management Ltd., said:
"We have had a strong operating quarter and we continue to make good progress on our cost savings program. Our discussions with the shipyards continue to be constructive regarding deferrals.
We believe that market conditions are likely to remain challenging through 2016 and the coming quarters will provide insight into the 2017 environment. It is important to recognize that we are in a cyclical business. The longer this downturn lasts, the more robust the recovery will be when it happens. Seadrill is in a position to capitalize on the upturn with the the most modern fleet and world class operations."
1 EBITDA is defined as 'Earnings Before Interest, Tax, Depreciation and Amortization' and has been calculated by taking operating profit plus depreciation and amortization but excluding gains or losses on disposals and impairment charges against goodwill. Contingent consideration realized relates to Seadrill's ongoing residual interest in the West Vela and West Polaris customer contracts, and has been included within EBITDA.
2 Economic utilization is calculated as total revenue, excluding bonuses, for the period as a proportion of the full operating dayrate multiplied by the number of days in the period.
3 Net income excluding non-recurring items and non cash mark to market investments on derivatives is reconciled to US GAAP net loss in Appendix 1.
4 Seadrill Group is defined as all companies currently consolidated into Seadrill Limited plus Seadrill Partners and SeaMex.
This information is subject of the disclosure requirements pursuant to section 5-12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act.