SEADRILL - COVID-19 RESPONSE
As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to spread across the globe, Seadrill remains alert and responsive to the challenges the pandemic presents to our people and our operations.
Our top priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our people. We are actively monitoring and following advice from the World Health Organisation to ensure we can protect our people in the most effective manner. With operations in 51 countries around the world, we are closely adhering to and following all evolving government guidelines where we work. Internally, we continue to promote and adhere to robust guidelines for disease prevention, which act as a strong barrier to the emergence of COVID-19 amongst our workforce.
Beyond Seadrill, we are working closely with our partners and suppliers to ensure business and operational continuity. We pride ourselves on delivering safe and efficient operations for all our customers, and despite the current unprecedented challenges, we will endeavour to meet customer needs in a safe and responsible manner.
Some key steps that Seadrill is taking during COVID-19:
- We have implemented medical assessments for workers that exceed industry standards, quarantined employees where necessary, and made changes to the duration of shifts to minimise the potential for the virus to impact our offshore workforce
- The majority of onshore employees are now working remotely, and we continue to provide highly responsive support to our customers and offshore teams
- Through embracing technology early on, the Seadrill team are continuing to deliver to the same high standards during this phase of the pandemic
- We are communicating regularly with our people through our internal intranet, offering up-to-date information; ensuring they have the resources they need for their personal wellbeing and can continue to deliver for Seadrill, our partners, and our customers during this time
- We have enhanced an open forum of dialogue amongst the Seadrill management team and key stakeholders to find solutions to the new challenges we face, both onshore and offshore
- We have implemented continuous monitoring of local government guidance and performing analysis of the potential impacts of the crisis on our company, people, and operations
As we continue to take the necessary actions to ensure the safety of our people and our operations, we are confident that the challenges we are all facing will be overcome by our people working together to ensure we protect ourselves and our colleagues.
COVID-19 Additional resources: